There shall be and is hereby established the University Student Representative Council here referred to as USRC at the university level;
The composition of the USRC include ;
(1) The Speaker.
(2) The Deputy Speaker.
(3) The Clerk to the USRC.
(4) All Ministers and Deputy Ministers.
(5) Hostels/Units Chairpersons and Secretaries.
(6) Twenty Representatives from CR’S Board, Chairpersons and Secretary to the Board shall be among them.
(7) Ten representative of Chairpersons of registered organization affiliates elected among themselves.
(8) Two representatives appointed by the President from SUASO members with known biological disorder/disability.
The USRC have powers:-
(1) To elect the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the USRC
(2) To approve the Clerk to the USRC elected by the President from amongst organization members
(3) To approve the appointment of the Prime Minister made by the President
(4) To review and approve or disapprove policies and actions of the Cabinet whenever it considers it necessary or desirable to do so
(5) To evaluate and take appropriate actions on the annual general handover report and activities of the Cabinet submitted or ordered so to be submitted by the office bearers.
(6) To make provisions and/ or for all matters relating to funds of SUASO including but not limited to preparation of annual estimates or income and expenditure accounting and periodical financial statements.
(7) To approve budget estimates provided by SUASO government.
(8) To make provisions in any appropriate manner for regular auditing of books of accounts for all organs of SUASO to ensure a sound, proper and efficient administration of SUASO funds
(9) To discipline the President, Vice President and Prime Minister including suspension of his services provided that a two-thirds vote of the members attending the meeting so resolves.
(10) To establish Committee as may be found necessary for the execution of its functions.
(11) To make rules and regulation of the Organization
(12) To invite official from within or outside the University as the need arises and in accordance with the University Students By Laws, SUA Rules 2006 and the laws of the Country
(13) To perform any duty in the interest of SUASO members
(14) To establish the Electoral Committee to supervise the elections within SUASO.
The USRC meetings;
(1) The USRC shall convene two ordinary meetings in a semester;
(2) The ordinary meeting shall be scheduled by the USRC itself ,where of the notice shall be issued by the speaker
(3) If and in case of special or Extra-Ordinary Meetings, the Speaker shall issue due notice of such meetings, one-day Public notice for the meeting will suffice.
(a) The quorum at every sitting of the USRC shall be not less than two thirds of the members.
(b)The approval system to be used by USRC shall be by simple majority
Cessation of USRC Member;
(1) Failure to attending three USRC meetings consecutively without prior notice dully served on the speaker of USRC.
Following Death, discontinuation,Resignation, expulsion from the University or de-registration.
(1) All USRC members including office bearers shall hold office for one year and shall be eligible for re-election or re-appointment as the case may be.
(2) The USRC shall have office in both campuses and the head office shall be at SUA main campus.
The SUASO President shall address the USRC on its first meeting for the purpose of inauguration of the same, and at any time whenever he/she deems fit but shall not, at any time, directly participate in the parliamentary discussion
There shall be USRC rules for meeting to be revised from time to time by USRC.