WHO WE ARE
OBJECTIVES & MEMBERS REGISTRATION
- To represent international students in expressing their needs and opinions on matters related to their daily campus life and study in SUA through letters and meetings with University officials and other agencies concerned such as SUASO
- To promote mutual understanding and friendship between international students and their Tanzanian counterparts, faculty members and University officials.
- To foster friendship among international students themselves through organising various activities and social gatherings such as get together parties, excursions and cultural activities.
- Initiate, organise and participate in activities which directly improve the conditions and welfare of communities around the university.
- Enhance exchange of views through public lectures, debates involving different opinion leaders on critical issues and current affairs.
- To liaise with other associations of similar kind in other institutions of learning within Tanzania and the world over and encourage interaction with members of the same and where possible conduct joint activities.
All international students who want to join the association should contacts any executive committee member Members are allowed to voice their ideas which are brought to the executive board for voting. Participation of setting up of activities and attending them are available to all members.
Name: Angelique Kangondo
Programme: PhD in Agricultural Economics
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Junior, João Anibal M.
Programme: BSc in Tourism Management
Email address: email@example.com
Name: Julius Katjimune
Programme: Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Sikanda, Mercy N.
Programme: Diploma in Veterinary medicine
Email address: email@example.com
Name: Wamunyima Libakeni
Programme: Diploma in Veterinary Medicine
Email address: –
Name: Bizoza, Saidi
Programme: MSc in Agricultural and Applied Economics
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Rauna Hamukwaya
Programme: Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
Email address: email@example.com
LATEST NEWS & ARTICLES
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
LOCATION OF SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
Sokoine University of Agriculture is located in Morogoro town on the foot-hills of the scenic Uluguru Mountains about 220 km west of Dar es Salaam along the Dar es Salaam – Zambia Highway. The campus is 3 km from the Morogoro town centre.
There are no air services to Morogoro region. Those arriving by air via Mwl. Julius Kambarage Nyerere International Airport (JKYIA) can hire a Taxi/Travel Agency to Ubungo Central bus Station for Morogoro bound buses. The most reliable buses are Abood Bus/BM Coach Bus/New Force Bus and Hood Bus Services. One can get mini buses but these are not recommended because of their dangerous high speeds. It takes about 2 hours 30 minutes by bus from Dar es Salaam to Morogoro. Upon arrival in Morogoro one can hire a taxi to SUA main campus.
On your arrival at SUA, report to the office of the Dean of Students (situated in Central Administration Building – Ground Floor Room No. 009). The Dean of Students can be reached by the following number (023) 260 4245 or (023) 260 3411-14 during the working hours. The working hours are from 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m., Monday to Friday. In a very exceptional case, Dean of Students’ mobile number (+255 (0)786-667 922) can be used.
Students are either accommodated in the hostels or find their own accommodation outside the campus. Two Hostels (No. 8 and 11) on campus and two flats in town have been reserved for postgraduate students. However due to increased number of postgraduate students, the University can’t accommodate all the students in student’s hostels. Students who do not get a place in the student hostels should stay off-campus. Priority in getting a place in the hostels is given to foreign students and students with health problems. Students who would like to stay in student’s hostel should fill in the enclosed accommodation form “ACC 1” to request for a place in the hostels and should reach the Dean of Students before your arrival.
N.B.: the University has no provision for married quarters for students and cannot guarantee accommodation in hostels for Tanzanian Students.
All Non-Tanzanian students are expected to obtain a visa where applicable, before coming to Tanzania. Furthermore, after reporting to SUA, they will be required to obtain a Residence Permit from the Immigration Office in Morogoro. The office of the Dean of Students will advise and assist to acquire such a permit. There is a charge for this.
Upon arrival at SUA you can get more information regarding student life and other available recreational facilities for students in the office of the Dean of students. or visits: